Entry Requirements:- A valid passport is required for entry into BVI.
Via Beef Island Airport (EIS)
The main airport in the BVI is on BeefIsland, connected to Tortola by a road bridge. The airport code is EIS. You will need to connect through San Juan. The following airlines fly into EIS are CapeAir, Seaborne Airlines, Air Sunshine, VI Airlink and BVI Airways.
Via ST. Thomas (STT) and ferry
You can also come to Tortola through St. Thomas airport (STT) in the USVI. Please be advised that we recommend arriving into St. Thomas prior no later than 3:30pm to provide sufficient time to catch the last ferry from St. Thomas to West End, Tortola.
On departure from the airport in St. Thomas taxis are available to take you to Charlotte Amalie (10 minutes) or Red Hook (30 minutes) for transport to West End Tortola. Your departure point will be based on your arrival time into St. Thomas. The ferry ride from Charlotte Amalie to West End is 45 minutes; the ferry ride from Red Hook is 30 minutes.
There are two main ferry operators into West End Tortola, Native Son and Smith’s Ferry. Their web sites are as follows:
The round trip cost is approximately $55/pp. Although schedules are posted on line it is best to phone the day before departure to reconfirm ferry times. It is generally not necessary to purchase tickets in advance.
Private water taxi is also available and operates on your schedule. Contact Dohm’s Water Taxi for more information.
Getting To Villa Sirenetta from West End ferry:
- With the ferry terminal behind you, head right to Zion Hill Rd, approximately 1 mile.
- Make a left on Zion Hill Road (gas station on corner). The road is proceeds up a hill with a sharp right and left curve. When you get to the bottom of the hill you will be at a right/left intersection at Sebastian’s Hotel.
- Make a left and proceed straight through the LongBayBeach resort.
- When reach the end of LongBay you will meet the entrance to Belmont Estates. Make a left.
- Follow Belmont Drive to St. Bernard,s Rd. Villa Sirenetta (1050 St. Bernards Rd) is on the right hand side about 1 mile from the entrance to Belmont. All roads and villas are marked. Please drive cautiously up the estate roads they are rugged in some sections and not fully paved.
Getting to Villa Sirenetta from the Airport:
- ExitAirport turning right.
- Follow across the BeefIslandBridge onto Tortola.
- Proceed to the East End bearing left at gas station (on left)
- Follow road straight into Road Town about 20 minutes.
- When you enter the roundabout in Road Town circle half way into town and follow road out of town to the West End. You will pass the main ferry terminal in Road Town.
- Drive about 20 minutes until you reach Big Ben’s Supermarket on left you will be nearing Zion Hill Road.
- Make right on Zion Hill Road (gas station is on the corner).
- Follow Zion Hill to end.
- Make left at Sebastian’s Hotel.
- Follow the road straight to LongBay resort. Proceed to the end of the resort and you will reach the entrance to Belmont Estates.
- Make a left and follow Belmont Drive up. You will hit a fork in the Road, Proceed to the left (this is the start of St Bernards Road).
- Proceed on St. Bernard’s Road to 1050 Villa Sirenetta.
On Your Way Home:
Departure Tax is $20/pp airport and $15/pp ferry. Visa and MC accepted.
Your return via the ferry:
- Do contact your ferry company the day before and morning of your departure to reconfirm departure times.
- Do arrive plan to arrive 30 minutes early to meet the ferry in West End.
- Do arrive several hours before your flight in St. Thomas
- Remember you will need to pass through immigration and customs and at the ferry and airport. You will need to complete the US immigration card twice.
- If you have time in St. Thomas, the taxi drivers will hold your luggage outside of customs at the ferry terminal. They will give you a return time to meet your flight. You can shop or lunch in downtown or Frenchtown. The drivers will point the way.
- Do consider hiring a Red Cap at the airport if the lines are especially long. You will be processed through an expedited line for just a few dollars per checked bag.